We will be hosting a series of live Q&A sessions to talk about the upcoming release of the “Evolution of Combat”, one of the largest RuneScape updates of all time.
Cash will not be worthless. While it is true prices on many items are fluctuating and changing (which happens with every major update), many other items will raise in price (Arcane shields for example). In the beta servers you can get all gear for free, yes. But that's so that players can playtest. Once the beta goes live, all those free item givers will be removed and your beta account deleted, allowing you continue your progress from your live account only.
In short: The economy is shaky right now due to changes and panic buyers, but it will stabilize.
Summary of common complaints:
- It's too complicated (There is a learning curve, but that's true of everything)
- It's copying WoW (action bars are popular in many games because it lets players customize what they want to do instead of switching through several menus. And as I said before, the mechanics behind dual wielding, bonus for 2h weapons, etc come from DnD, which is OGL and not subject to copyright.)
- they removed special attacks (because people can no longer 1 item D Claws Rush/AGS spec)
- Killed pures (Because they can no longer abuse a broken system to their cheap runescape accounts advantage)
- "Makes combat harder to train" (if you understand how to exploit a monster's weakness, and pay attention to the fight, you can get very good XP rates.)
- "EoC sucks" (with no appropriately given reason why)
- people who are afraid their bots will stop working (because with every major change comes a need to rewrite bots' codes)
- merchants who are losing money (welcome to the risk of investing)
- "It's no longer RS" (Last time I checked, it still had its unique skill system, lack of class restriction in the sense you can 99 everything if you want selling runescape accounts and not be stuck with one combat style, and quests were still the epic-style stories with plots and puzzles)